Thursday, March 1, 2018

Three Little Pigs

Waldo is currently just chillin' in the bathroom, completely ignored and probably feeling sorry for himself.  Al hasn't been seen for days.  What I did find in the wastebasket yesterday was not one, but three little pigs!  One might have been an accident, but three?!  I envision Celeste hitting her mark and yelling, "Score!," and possibly doing a little touchdown dance at the goal line.

Since my main work in the barn is with the goats, Missy sometimes gets short shrift.  I had a little extra time yesterday and picked her up.  She seems to crave affection, loves to be petted, and would follow me if I allowed it.  What I found when I had a chance to really look at her was that she has a "tipped" ear, indicating that she was possibly a member of a feral "care colony" who had been taken to a vet and spayed.  The very tip of one ear is removed during that procedure.  The bad news is that she probably belongs elsewhere and is just freeloading here.  The good news is that she has been spayed.  I'd been worried about how I was going to get that done.  Wherever she actually lives, she's got my schedule down to the minute and is ready and waiting for me to fill her bowl.  Oh well, she earns her keep.

In addition to other prep work, I got the laundry done and ran the dishwasher.  Lack of water in a power outage is a prime concern.  Stove has a good supply of fuel, and bills got paid while I still have electricity.  The cellphone is charged.  The timing of the storm's arrival was somewhat delayed and the wind didn't kick in until after dark last night.  It's blowing big time this morning with just sporadic rain.  I'm about as ready as I can get (she said hopefully).

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad you were still up and running as of this morning! Hang in there!