Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Big Points

I really racked up points for the Mean Mother Of The Year award (another story for another day) yesterday, starting down in the barn.  Missy's squirrel has been moved from here to there.  I don't know if she's finishing up leftovers or, because her mean mom doesn't provide any toys, she uses the hide to toss around like Celeste flips her piglets.  Now I don't know if I'd be taking away her only amusement if I threw the thing away.

I got more points up at the house.  When your mean mom won't light a fire on a cold day, a cat has to find warmth where s/he can.  Ralph and Celeste had to make do with a windowsill and a sunny patch on the floor.

Someone else who got big points, but the good kind, was Clint Bowyer, who broke a long losing streak by winning the race at Martinsville.  It was touch and go as his opponent was closing in when Clint crossed the finish line and I was holding my breath.  "Hold on, kid, hold on!"  Woohoo!  That man was filled with pure joy (and I was pretty happy, too).

My only real accomplishment for the day was paying bills and that wasn't to get points, but rather the avoidance of penalties.

I did light a fire at sundown and can only hope for the cats' forgiveness.  I'm pretty sure they're keeping score.

No comments: