Sunday, March 11, 2018

New Versus Old

Oh crum.  Once again I'm out of step with the world.  It's not enough that I can't keep track of what day it is, now I don't know what time it is, either.  Going to bed last night (Saturday), I had it firmly fixed in my mind that the time change was on Sunday.  Tomorrow (today) was Sunday, so I moved the bedside clock ahead an hour.  Consequently, I got up at 3:30 this morning (my clock said 4:30).  Ha ha, World!  I've already lost my hour of sleep.  Nanner, nanner!  I'm so confused.  All I know for sure is that it is going to be a lo-o-ong day.

There is a new version of the old me.  I recognized that my hair had gotten out of control, so Candy, my friend and itinerant hairdresser, came yesterday and gave me a different, easy-to-care-for cut.  I think I frustrate her.  "Do you ever use a blow dryer?"  "No.  I think I might have one somewhere."  "Do you use hair products?"  "What?  No."  My style is wash-and-wear, period.  I run a brush through it in the morning and then avoid mirrors for the rest of the day.  Works for me.

For some reason, for the past two weeks all the cooking shows that I so enjoyed on Saturdays have disappeared.  Last week I thought it might have been a temporary aberration, but no.  Where am I going to get inspiration now?  The replacement programs hold no interest for me.  Thank goodness for good old, reliable NASCAR.  I'm already looking forward to the obligatory NASCAR nap this afternoon, whenever after noon is.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

OK, now I'M confused. Saturday night is when I changed my clock too, so that when I woke up and looked at my bedside clock radio, and before I checked my phone, which is smart enough to reset itself, I would know the new, adjusted time. That sounds like exactly what you did. But I would think the spring ahead would be ok since the goats don't care what time it is...they only know the approximate time you come down to feed them, which could read an hour later on the clock and it would still be normal for them. Make sense??? If you normally feed at 8, then if you went down at 9 today, it would be the same for them. OK, I'm goofy, I know.