Monday, March 26, 2018

False Alarm

Not only was the weatherman wrong about the snow, we didn't even get any rain yesterday.  The sun came up bright and shiny and, with the exception of a couple of short-lived cloud covers, the sky stayed blue all day.  Go figure.

That wasn't the case in Virginia, however, and the NASCAR race at Martinsville was postponed until today.  It's hard enough to keep track of what day it is without that kind of monkey wrench getting thrown at me.

I did connect with the Kids and we're on for Easter!  Family gatherings are not quite the same without Clay and Larry, but events to look forward to just the same.  Cam will probably join us, Craig's parents have been invited, and Dave may bring Jester.  I can always throw another potato in the pot.

Sunshine did not mean warm, and I was grateful for the extra wood on the porch.  Stove was well fed all day.  It was such a pleasure to look out the kitchen window and not see that huge brush pile anymore.  I sent Beau and his crew a text to say thank you again.

Company coming means another trip to town, but I'm ahead in the dusting game.  Ta da!

No comments: