Friday, March 9, 2018

Close One

Whew!  I was this close yesterday morning when I picked up a book after chores.  "I'll just read a few pages and then get busy on the housework."  Where have we heard that one before?  This might be hard to believe, but that's exactly what I did!  Let me tell you, it wasn't easy, and it may be the first time it's ever happened.  Falling into a book for me is easier than sliding between satin sheets and I get lost in the written word.  Setting the book aside, I vacuumed and dusted in a cloud of self-righteous glory, only glancing now and then at the abandoned story.

There is no drama and little to no humor in housework.  I'll settle for the short-lived satisfaction of getting it done, and give myself a gold star for avoiding temptation.  This time.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I'll give you TWO gold stars!!