Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Book Club

I understand a movie will be coming out soon, "The Book Club," with a bevy of leading ladies of a certain age.  I very much want to see it, but, of course, will wait until it comes to television.  The last time I was in a theater was in the summer of 2005 ("March Of The Penguins"), and then only because it had air conditioning.  The much-touted surround sound hurt my ears.  Now, they proudly advertise reclining seats.  What better guarantee I'd fall asleep?

Where was I going with this?  Oh, yes.  (Pardon the train-of-thought derailment.)  I mentioned that Arden had invited me to join her book club.  It isn't necessary, as Arden and I are a club of two.  Despite my protests, she brought me another book yesterday.  It was okay because I'd at least gotten a grip on housework.  We had a lively discussion regarding "Beneath A Scarlet Sky" while munching potstickers and popcorn.  Arden has very eclectic tastes in books, and I've never been disappointed in her recommendations.  I did, however, warn her that I was reading a book of my own now and it would be awhile before I would get to "Doc."  It was an entertaining afternoon.

Even though it had risen to 60(!), I lit a fire before Arden arrived.  I was down to shirtsleeves, but recognized the house might be chilly to another.  It didn't work.  My friend still needed her quilted jacket for comfort.

This up-and-down weather has me dizzy.  Nature is having a heyday, throwing it all at us.  Oh, aarrgh, I just remembered that the time changes tonight.  Ratchafratch.  I am laughing up my sleeve, though.  I didn't convert the time on the one kitchen clock at the last change.  I rather enjoyed the challenge of mentally converting to "real" time, whatever that is, and I don't have to get the darned clock off the wall to switch to daylight savings time now.  Heh heh heh.  (Hey, I'll take my triumphs whenever they come, small though they be.)

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I always think of you and your critters when the time changes! Good luck!