Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Bits And Pieces

Missy was feeling her oats yesterday and instead of staying in her room for breakfast, followed me into the hall when I let Inga out.  I wasn't sure how that would go over.  Inga came out, saw Missy, made one halfhearted lunge at the cat and went on out and around to the feeding room.  Whew.  I guess the girls have gotten used to the little cat's presence in the barn.

There was light rain off and on all day and I was able to bring more firewood up to the porch between showers.  It wasn't nearly as cold as it had been (they're calling this one a Pineapple Express, coming from Hawaii instead of Alaska), but the dampness put a chill in the house.  Stove was happy to get a good meal.

Later in the day, Camille called.  My good neighbor was shopping at Costco, and did I need anything?  Yes, please!  When I was in town, I'd forgotten cat litter.  Aarrgh.  That's as bad as running out of toilet paper.  I was considering going up to Holiday, but was procrastinating.  "What kind do you want?"  The brand didn't matter to me, but asked for the large size.  I'd forgotten where Cam was calling from.  She came up later with a fifty-pound bag!  I managed to get it from her truck to the porch and there it will sit.  I'll scoop from the bag until it's light enough to bring in the house.

I made my version of colcannon for dinner, frying the leftover potatoes, carrots, and cabbage together and chopping them fine, almost mashed.  Gosh, it was good.  (I'd already eaten the corned beef in sandwiches.)

It waited until after the goats were in for the night to start raining in earnest, for which I was grateful.  I gave Stove another helping and called it a good day.

No comments: