Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Apple of My Eye

Apple pie right out of the oven is a pretty good way to end an apple pie kind of day.  City Mouse has had a chance to experience some of everyday life on the farm, including weeding a barrel in the garden and planting carrot seeds.  We've been so fortunate that the good weather has held, giving an opportunity to enjoy the outdoors.  My own grape vines (Red Flame and Thompson Seedless) are just beginning to put out tiny, tiny clusters of what will be a treat for the birds unless I can get there first.  Tree Guy came by (I'm trading him my leftover fencing for his labor) and he's going to cut in the last gate between the goat pens soon, as my neighbor has put up his fence between our properties.

The Children of the Night (coyotes, not Count Dracula's wolves) were on the hunt early this morning.  I followed their yips and howls through the hills in the dark.  By daybreak, all was calm and I saw two deer grazing in the front pasture.  It's trash day, and I've got to get the barrel down to the big road.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathryn said...

Glad it was an apple-pie day, and glad you have had sunshine. May you have smooth sailing ahead!