Tuesday, May 7, 2013

More Paper, Please

I've got to make a list of my lists.  There are little scraps of paper everywhere as I jot down something to do or get as I head toward what promises to be a crazy, fun weekend.  I wake up at night with the logistics of coordination whirling in my head.

Michelle and Lori, my niece and great-niece, are arriving on Friday from southern California.  It's been ages, literally years, since I've seen either and I'm so excited.  They picked a day when they could travel together, not realizing the significance of May 12, Mother's Day.  That's okay, it will give them a chance to reunite with their cousins as my Kids, give or take a couple, are coming up on Sunday.  Craig's mom and dad, Terry and Arvin, will be joining us and that pleases me no end.

In addition to all those comings and goings (as if that weren't enough), I've been invited to participate in a USC PhD research project on blogging and bloggers.  Christopher and Sonia and her crew of three will be here on, of course, Sunday to film an interview.  ("I'm ready for my closeup, Mr. DeMille.")  This just came up in the last week and there has been a flurry of communication to work out the details.  I'm just not sure how we're going to fit an interview in during a poker game.

Could it get any more insane?  I go into a tizzy at the thought of dusting the living room when a neighbor comes over.  Recipes, shopping lists, To-Do lists, time schedules, arrivals and departures, upstairs-downstairs cleaning; I need more paper.  In the midst of all this, there are goats to milk.  The nice man is coming to pick up the sick tractor today.  If he brings it back healthy and in time, I'll need to finish mowing the west field before company comes.

I need to fall back on my mantra in such occasions:  A thing will either get done, or it won't.  One thing is sure, it's going to be a fun time.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh my gosh...now YOU made ME gasp at what's on your plate...you not only need more paper, you need a BIGGER PLATE!! But once you unload the chores from that plate, it will be ready for a heaping serving of fun and family on Mother's Day!