Saturday, May 25, 2013

Still At It

The weather has been perfect for working outdoors and those weeds are a powerful magnet.  I pull weeds before barn chores.  I pull weeds after a short sit-down.  I pull weeds in the afternoon before sundown.  The job would go a bit faster if it were not for my helpers.  Bessie Anne flops down just ahead of me and I've got to work around her and then go back and clean up when she moves on.  Pearl has given up her supervisory obligations and just plays with the seed end of the pulled weeds, tearing apart the pile or hanging on a trailing piece as I move to throw them down the hill.  I explain that they should go play elsewhere and they look at me and say, "But we're here for you, Mom."

Tobias made his rounds this morning.  The beastie boys were in full voice, running up the road under a full moon at midnight, so I heard and then ignored Tobias at five a.m.  I know what I'll be doing today.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Let me guess...taking a nap in between weeding?