Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pretty Rough Day, Good Night

One of these days, we will come to a meeting of the minds.  Yesterday was not that day.  Ralph spent the entire time under the bed.  Searching what I thought was every nook and cranny in the house, I could not find Celeste.  Where could she be?  I either took or put Bessie Anne outside to give Celeste an opportunity to come out of hiding.  No sign of her anywhere.  Sitting down to ponder the situation in the afternoon, I suddenly saw a little face peeking out from behind the entertainment center.  Celeste!  Given the position of the furniture, there was no way to pry her out.  Great.  Now what do I do?  I put a poor, confused Bessie Anne outside again and opened a can of tuna.  Never underestimate the power of tuna.  Celeste crept out, began to eat, and I was able to pick her up and take her back to the "cooler" (remember The Great Escape or Hogan's Heroes?).  Ralph got the scent and came from under the bed to join Celeste.  Both kitties seem to accept me (the Great Provider of Tuna) and let me pet and love 'em up, but I shut the bathroom door again so they could attend to kitty business in peace and so I could let Bess back in the house.

Last night went much better even with all doors open and I think we all got a pretty good rest; I know I did.  This morning Ralph was still in the bathroom on his own and I knew where to look for Celeste.  While the coffee was brewing, I thought I'd watch the news.  Celeste thought otherwise.  Back behind the big entertainment center, she stepped on the switch to the surge protector.  No television for me.  It's still dark out, the wind is howling at gale force, Bess is on the bed, Celeste is under the bed, Ralph is in the bathroom, the chicken is in the laundry room, and I'm going to tear my hair out.  I hope I don't run out of tuna.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Oh my...oh MY!! Well, if you run out of goat and chicken "dog-and-pony-show" fodder...now you have Ralph and Celeste for more. Hope you can reach the surge protector switch!