Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Clues

Hmmm.  Found these tracks outside the gate to the goat pen.  The hind feet are about 4-5 inches long, so it has to be a pretty good-sized animal. They're too "fat" to be jackrabbit tracks, but I can't even guess what else they might be.  They're certainly not dog, cat (of any size), or bear.  Google just informed me they're not raccoon; not enough toes.  I've gotten pretty good at identifying prints, but these?  I haven't a clue.

When it is one degree shy of 80 at 6:00 a.m., it doesn't take Dick Tracy to detect it's going to be another hot one.  All house activity comes to a screeching halt when the temperatures rise.  Bess got soaked twice in her pool yesterday and I darn near got in there with her.  I turned the hose mist on myself four times while making my way down the deck and watering the drooping plants.

This is going to be another do-nothing day and I'll still work up a sweat.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Little Big Foot??? I thought raccoon at first, but now I have no clue! Sorry about your heat!