Saturday, July 25, 2015

Don't Get Excited

Weather reporters (meteorologists) make me crazy.  Cold weather, hot weather, wet weather and they are jumping up and down with excitement.  "We're going to be breaking all records with these temperatures!"  Personally, I don't look forward to below-zero in the winter or over 100 in the summer or flood conditions ever, and record-setting extremes are not on my list of favorites.  This morning the guy is in ecstasy because we should be well above 100 degrees later this coming week.  He is euphoric.  I am depressed.

I had been thinking how sweet it was to be followed here and there throughout the house by Bess and the cats.  On reflection, I'm beginning to feel that I'm under surveillance.  I am accompanied everywhere by one or more of the furries.  To whom are they reporting?  Why am I being watched?  I am never allowed a moment's privacy.  Down at the barn, the duty is taken by mice, goats, and squirrels.  Eyes follow me at all times.  I think my paranoia is showing.

Well, it's heating up and I'd best get this show on the road.  Don't get too excited.  I don't have much on the agenda today, and you can ask the house detectives if I do or don't get anything done.  I think they take notes.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

LOL. Hey, I have an idea...go somewhere in your truck...in the A/C...without furry companions!