Monday, September 21, 2015

Bad Movie

Gasp!  Coming back in from the barn, I saw that the living room screen door was ajar.  Oh crum!  Where are the cats?  Ralph and Celeste are indoor cats.  In Seattle, three-legged Luna had been allowed outside once in awhile, but not here.  Linda and I went upstairs and down, looking under beds and in closets.  Finally, and with a great sense of relief, all noses were present and accounted for.

The heat has returned with temps up in the 90s.  It was a good day to watch the Pittsburgh Steelers tromp the San Francisco 49ers (not that I play favorites, heh-heh).  After that came the first race in the NASCAR Chase.  Unfortunately, my guy, Clint Bowyer didn't make the cut and so will be out of the running for the big money.  Doing laundry is a way to be productive without a lot of effort while indulging in TV.  I sure didn't dawdle while hanging clothes on the line in the blazing sunshine.

After the race was over and the deck was in shade, it was time to give the poor plants a drink of water, a pleasant chore.  And then, like a rerun of a bad movie, we found that the dining room door had not closed fully.  Twice in one day the cats had an opportunity to escape.  We located Luna and Celeste, but Ralph remained missing.  Searching inside and out, we retraced our hunt again and again.  No Ralph.  It's hard to describe how my heart sank.  There was one more load of laundry to hang and I scanned the open fields and called and called for my sweet red cat.  Reluctantly, I went back into the house that would seem so empty and...lo and behold, Ralph emerged from the stairwell!  He'd evidently found a new hidey-hole downstairs and got overlooked during the search.  Relief washed over me in waves.  The lost had been found.

It might have been a bad movie, but it had a happy ending.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

And I LOVE happy endings!!