Saturday, September 19, 2015

Just Routine

As it is with old friends, Linda and I have quickly settled into our familiar routines.  I get up well before dawn to spend time on the computer.  She wakes later.  We're neither of us "morning people," preferring to ease into the day instead of hitting the ground running.  When I hear footsteps in the hall, I'll put on her pot of coffee (mine drunk hours before), say good morning, and retreat back to my bedroom.  She has a laptop 'puter and sets up on the kitchen counter.  Luna, who rarely comes out of her room during the day, has, I am told, taken advantage of this routine to join Linda in the kitchen and make herself at home.  Linda says the cat inspects windowsills and furniture with impunity, enjoying a brief period out of lockup.  I am evidently a scarier threat than my cats or Bess because should I appear, all I get is a glimpse of grey and a fluffy tail as Luna races past.

The Queen of England could be in residence and I would still have to excuse myself to do barn chores.  That routine is set in stone.

Buying a business (goes into escrow in the next week) and finding a house takes Linda away for most of the day.  The winds of the last few days deposited a new layer of leaves on the deck.  Now having the right tool for the job makes blowing those leaves away so much easier.  In fact, I could make this a new weekly routine.  I wish I could blow away the dust inside the house just as easily.

It was an unexpected surprise when Linda came home bearing a pizza and salad from The Pizza Factory last evening.  I quickly put the chicken I'd been thawing into the fridge and pulled out a couple of plates.  The Pizza Factory makes the best doggone pizza ever!  Nom nom nom!  What a nice break from the dinner routine.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad you are into a routine, glad Linda is moving forward with such speed (I bet she can't wait to get settled), and I suppose if you didn't want anything on your surfaces, you could dust with that leaf blower in a jiffy. Altho if nothing was on the surfaces, then dusting would be a snap, even with a rag or a Swiffer. Oh well...back to the drawing board!!