Sunday, September 6, 2015

Paean To The Day

Nights have become very chilly and that is so very, very welcome.  The night before when I'd awake cold, I just piled on more cats and pulled the dog closer.  Last night I put the comforter back on the bed.  On morning walkabout yesterday I saw this vulture giving praise and welcoming the sun at the very top of the oak in the lower side yard and understood his feelings exactly.  Near 100s are predicted for later this week, but I'm not ready to think about that.  Some things are better dealt with by avoidance.

It is Labor Day weekend and I'm actually looking forward to a particular labor, although the tool will not arrive until Tuesday.  Leaves are falling in drifts, and Bess is accessorizing for the season.  Her shorter hairdo does not prevent oak leaves from collecting on her fur.  Almost the same buff color, they're quite attractive on her, but not on the carpet when she brings them in.  I'm thinking the newly purchased leaf blower may be a very good investment.

Saturday mornings have become very special to me.  My daughter Deb is also a very early riser, Craig not s'much.  Deb calls on Saturday before sunrise and we share coffee time and a mother-daughter chat before beginning our activities.  Another of my Kids, Larry, speaks to me in code.  At any time of day or night, on any day of the week, I will get a text with just a smiley face.  It simply means "I'm thinking about you."  I send a smiley face back that means "I love you."  Did I mention I really like my Kids?

The day ended as it had begun, with sunlight.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

The part about Larry was my favorite!!