Saturday, September 5, 2015

Doesn't Get Much Better

It was neat to get a text from my son Dave on Thursday, asking if I'd like to meet him for lunch yesterday.  Would I?  Hmmm.  You bet!!  When?  Where?  (Where was a no-brainer as Bones in Pleasant Valley is "the" meet-and-greet watering hole up here.)  For once, the girls cooperated as I raced through barn chores and I was able to get to PV on time.  The temperature held in the 70s and it was a perfect day for a motorcycle ride; Dave's wasn't the only Harley parked in front.  We sat out on the patio under a shady umbrella to eat, drink, and talk.  With nothing else on our agendas, and on a weekday there was no crowd waiting for our table, we were able to share some rare one-on-one time for the whole afternoon.  That sends a mother over the moon.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, it did!  Shortly after returning home, I received a call from Clay who also had the day off and time to talk.  We do have short, "Hi, how ya doing?" conversations, but not often long catch-up calls.  Great minds think alike, and it turns out Clay had just bought a leaf blower too.  (Mine will have more voltage and power, ha ha!)

Time is a precious commodity, and I so appreciate when it is gifted.

Need I say it?  It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

My heart is thrilled for you and your mom time! So precious!