Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sit, Stay

I know better.  Rushing around (unnecessarily, as it turned out) in the dark yesterday, I did not put on my wonderful lighted hardhat, thinking I knew the terrain out by the truck and that the porch light would be enough.  Almost home free, I was going back to the house for one more bag of trash when I tripped on an old iron barrel hoop that the wicked ground squirrels had pushed out into my way (it sure wasn't where I'd put it to save for the ironmonger).  Landing on my knee on the edge of the hoop brought me up short, but nothing was broken and I still needed to get down to the big road.  Mission accomplished, it wasn't until later that the wrenched muscles kicked in.  Linda had business to take care of down in town most of the day, and I was glad no one was home to witness my lack of ambition.  Milking done and animals cared for, I headed for the chair and followed my own advice.  "Sit, stay!"

Back in the day, Nat King Cole and also the Andrews Sisters put out a song called, "Straighten up and fly right."  It was playing in my head this morning as I hobbled out, bent over like a crone, to the kitchen for coffee and a couple of pain pills.  There's work to be done and one day of "sit, stay" was quite enough.

Hahaha!  Trash Guy is just going up Robert's drive.  Been there, done that!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh DARN! So sorry for your mishap, and I do believe that a trip or fall and a wrench earns you the right for as many sit-stays as you need or want! Get better!!!