Thursday, September 3, 2015

Help Wanted

There is a "white board" on the refrigerator where I write my grocery list.  It doesn't do to run out of anything up here; there is no AM/PM on every (make that any) corner and nothing is open after dark, anyhow.  Since my memory bank is short on funds, I use that board on a daily basis.  I try to stock one ahead on everything and when the second can/jar/package is opened, that item immediately gets written on the board.

On that board also is a "Help Wanted" column where I list chores or projects that are either two-person jobs or something I cannot do myself.  My Kids used to ask, "What do you need done, Mom?," when they came up.  Now they can look at the board and decide if they have the time and/or inclination to tackle that chore right then or hold it for another day.  As they have in the past, sometimes they form a group, come up together, and clear the board all at once.  After Helper Dude came yesterday, I was able to erase everything on  the Help Wanted list.  Cindy's stall door once again swings freely without fear the whole thing would fall off.  The pull cord on the weedwhacker took a little finagling (HD isn't one to read instructions) to replace, but it got done.  Seventy gallons of green water went down a nearby squirrel hole when the goat trough drained.  Scrubbed and clean, filling it again certainly put in perspective what people in the Outingdale community have to deal with as they are restricted to only fifty gallons of water per day due to the drought.  Since the trough is emptied only once a year, I didn't feel too guilty.  It is so very nice to have the board cleared.

This boy needs help.  Maybe glasses, maybe counseling.  I wish I could play a recording of his sweet-talk as he wooed his reflection in the truck bumper.  Once, I thought perhaps the toms were threatening a potential rival in the chrome, but no.  There was no mistaking the intent of this male's cooing.  Aww, sweetie.  You "ain't gonna get no satisfaction" there (apologies to the Rolling Stones).

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

VERY ENTERTAINING AND INTERESTING blog today and yay for the Help Wanted list disappearing!