Saturday, February 27, 2016

New Shoes

I did go to town.  I didn't like it, no matter how beautiful the scenery on the way.  Definitely more flowering quince in bloom.  There are restaurants and fast food joints in town, and a couple of places where I could get a root beer float.  I think about these things on the way in and as I go past one or another.  "Mmmm, that would taste good."  Panda Express is right there in the Walmart parking lot and I'm a sucker for orange chicken.  Across the street is a Chinese restaurant that makes great Beef Chow Fun.  It's been years since I've been to either.  I think, "Okay, I'll get the shopping done and then I'll stop for a treat."  By the time I'm done in the store(s), all I can think about is getting home.

They just don't make $20 shoes like they used to.  I'll bet the last pair of barn shoes didn't last six months.  The man-made materials started peeling and then the soles separated from the uppers.  Fortunately I noted this before going to town and was able to get another pair before I started flapping like a clown and/or having to make a third trip.  I've certainly paid more for shoes, but they didn't last any longer than the cheap-os.  I guess it's all part of the cost of doing business.  I did like Kit's idea to use worn-out shoes as small planters on the deck.  It couldn't look any stranger than a Christmas wreath on the door in July.  Of course, I'd have to go to town to buy plants.  Okay, scratch that.

Last evening, the sky was going for the layered look.

PS:  Kit, "Cherry Pink" was a cha cha cha. 

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I smiled at the Cha-Cha comment. Hmmmm, I WONDER what song was for the rumba! Hey, it doesn't take long to have Panda Express pack up your choices in their styrofoam to-go container...it travels well and heats up beautifully!!