Thursday, June 8, 2017

Beginning To End

It was a busy day yesterday, probably due to a nice drop in the temperature.  It began as usual, throwing down birdseed.  No turkeys were evident (must have slept in), but Greedy Gus raced to fill his cheeks.  Note the two holes on either side.  I have to be careful where I throw the seed; I don't mind feeding the wild things, but I'll be darned if I'll do home delivery.

In addition to getting other neglected chores done, John Dear and I mowed down the west field.  I'm trying to stay ahead of the dreaded star thistle, and I must say the field looks very nice.  I can't say the same thing for John and me.  You'd never know my shoe is as black as that tire and my sock started out white.  This is a pretty good indicator of how dust roiled around us as we made the circuit.  Still have one more yard to go, but I gave John a shower and we called it a day.

Clouds coming in from the coast at sundown give credence to the weatherman's prediction that there is a chance of rain today.  I sincerely hope so as that would settle some of that danged dust.

I'm going to have to start requiring reservations for room on my lap.  At day's end, looking for a little rest I lay back in my chair (ye gods, I should have stripped off those socks!).  Immediately I was joined by uninvited guests crowding into whatever space was available.  Ah, well, I'd probably miss them if they didn't show up.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Methinks ya need a bigger recliner :-)