Monday, June 19, 2017

To The Rescue

Levels were getting low in the feed barrels.  Patrick usually calls before he delivers alfalfa and I was going to ask him to throw some grain on the truck, too.  That saves me a trip and he empties the bags into the barrels for me, but he didn't call last time.  The chicken feed comes in 50-pound bags, usually no problem, but I was wondering how I was going to manage yesterday with this banged up rib.  As if I'd been sending out mental SOS signals, Pete called early on and offered to come up and tend to whatever needed doing.  Talk about a life saver!  Of course it was the hottest day so far, but he soldiered through it.  He told me, "I know you, Mom, you wouldn't let any of your animals go hungry."  I had to admit that the mice had gotten second helpings during milking in the morning.  Percy had snuck in unnoticed and cleaned them out.

Pete's timely rescue was greatly appreciated, and I enjoyed his company even more.

It was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

ANY day with our grown up Kids is a good day. Do glad that your current knight-in-shining-armor is making up for lost time in terms of visits. And since his kidlet is in the service, I bet he appreciated spending his Father's Day with you...WINWIN!