Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Baby Steps

Well, I'd call yesterday a success story of sorts, not necessarily a major triumph, but a beginning.  Later in the evening, I got some help from Nature.  There was a definite cutback in TV time...well, okay, I had DVRd only two episodes of Hill Street Blues, but I resisted my stash of Blue Bloods so I get a point there.  It wasn't easy, but I held naps to just one.  That was a little more difficult because I had a fire going and warmth equals drowsy in this house.  To be honest, so does cold...never mind.  The temperature had dropped to the point of near torture so Stove was finally called into action.  Bless his cast-iron heart, the wood caught right away and he didn't demand constant attention.  Dinner was more of a snack because I just wasn't hungry.  That's okay, it's a common occurrence.  Walks outside were brief and brisk.  On the next to last, Michael's coat was dusted with hail, and on the after-dark outing, he hit the bushes right in front of the porch in the rain.  That dog's no dummy.

We didn't get the predicted snow here, but the rain was hard enough to wipe out the wiFi, so it was a relatively early bedtime for the Farview gang.  Ralph snuggled up in the cat cave.  Michael is serious, Celeste is bossy, and Ralph provides the comic relief.

Nice to find the wiFi is back this morning.  I can see snow on the higher hills to the south.  We don't even have rain here now, and I'm fine with that.

I won't say yesterday was a blue-ribbon day, but some progress is better than none.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: