Thursday, March 11, 2021

What's Your Pleasure?

Wind, rain, hail, snow, overcast, clear, sunshine...man, we had the weather gamut in the last two days.  The only constant was the cold.  What we did not have was the severe storm with thunder and lightning Deb reported down in the valley.  It never made its way up here, and I sure didn't miss it.  Down in the 30s, Stove went to work again.  His help is so appreciated, but I still dream of thermostats.

I heard from a friend who had heard from a friend (our best news source up here) that, in fact, my friend Harold had died.  Not good news, but better than to be left wondering.  I miss him.

Yesterday was Steve's and his twin brother's birthday.  Deb and I were noting that Steve would have wanted a hamburger with a little bun and a lot of meat (no onions) and a big slice of cake.  The guy wasn't hard to please.  I miss him.

I don't know what today will bring, but we're starting out with sunshine.  The frost outside is as heavy as snow.  It's 32 degrees, so it's a pretty good bet that Stove will be called to action.  I'm sitting here with a heated beanbag on my lap, slurping a cup of coffee that will be cold before I get the last sip.

Keep your powder dry.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: