Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Back Off

Changes must be made around here.  It has been brought to my attention (by me) that I have an addictive personality and some intervention (by me) is required.  I realized one problem when I found I was spending hours watching national news programs.   It was fascinating, but depressing.  I've backed off to the point I do watch local morning news and a quick check of the big stuff in the afternoon.  I feel better.

That didn't end the problem, however.  I switched to endless recorded reruns of old television series.  I still like 'em, but am backing off on how many episodes I'll watch at one time.  I pretend my pass is only good for two.

Days and nights have become blurred because I take long naps off and on throughout the day, leaving me wide awake, or some semblance thereof, after 10 p.m.  Last night I went to bed at 3 a.m. and woke at 5:30.  My circadian clock is totally out of whack.  That's got to stop.

Having found how good and nutritious frozen one-bowl meals are, I've almost quit cooking.  Who knows, one of these months guests may come again and I will have lost the art.  It's time to get out some pots and pans and quit adding plastic to the landfill.

I need to limit my computer time in the morning.  Scrolling through FB and hours trying to win at solitaire is not healthy.  Besides, it makes me late taking Michael out for the long morning walk.

Were it not for Michael, who knows how often I'd go outside anymore, even when the weather is good.  The dead marjoram and yarrow blossoms on their long dry stalks remind me that gardening is on the list of must-dos, another chore I've backed off from.

Recognizing changes are needed is one thing.  Doing something about the problem is another.  Wish me luck.

Stay safe.  Be well.

8 comments:

Kathryn Williams said...

Might as well wait until next week to work on your Circadian Rhythms...Daylight Saving this Sunday!!!

Jacob Lexander said...

If you need assistance at any time, Locksmith Dallas TX will be pleased to assist you with the installation of new locks. We are free and available seven days a week, 24 hours a day. When you need assistance, we will respond promptly.

Unknown said...

The leading locksmith service in Arlington, Texas is Locksmith Arlington TX.
Our licensed and accredited locksmiths will provide you with the quickest and most reliable 24/7 services for all of your residential, industrial, and automotive lock and key needs, as well as improve your security.

Tabor Tacey said...

Locksmith Mesquite TX is a professional and reliable locksmith service. For over a decade, we have represented all of our customers in Mesquite, TX and the surrounding areas. All of your residential, industrial, and auto locksmith needs are fulfilled by us.

earlen said...

Locksmith Grand Prairie TX is a reputable and licensed locksmith in Grand Prairie, Texas. Our company has been in business since 1984, so we are seasoned locksmiths.

bruno milton said...

Locksmith McKinney TX is a locally owned and operated company that enjoys assisting you with all of your lock and key issues. Our locksmith service can handle a wide range of tasks for businesses, homeowners, and drivers.

katharinelizette said...

Locksmith Fort Worth TX are a professional locksmith firm and we offer the widest range of key and lock solutions anywhere in Fort Worth.

Sawyer said...

Locksmith Carrollton TX is proud to provide the best locksmith service in the region. If your concern is residential, industrial, or automotive, you can rest assured that our team of experienced locksmiths can complete the job – and do so quickly! In this market, reliability is essential for success, particularly because things can go wrong at any time, in any location.