Friday, March 26, 2021

Gone Awry

If I'd actually had a plan for the day, it would have been correct to say that plan went awry.  As it happened, there was no plan, but I sure didn't expect to spend the day in the emergency room as I did.  Details not required, but I'd called my physician to ask about a change in medication and was directed to call 911 immediately and get to the hospital pronto.  Certainly not what I'd expected.  When the young men from the fire department came, big red truck and all, I was able to convince them that I was sure I could drive myself and they could cancel the ambulance.  Whew.

Once in the hospital, it was a hurry-up-and-wait situation.  Whisked away for this test and that, hooked up for everything but stereophonic sound, the day passed.  Having had to leave Michael in the house, he was my first panicked thought when I was told I'd have to spend the night and possibly two or three more in situ.  It's a drawback of living out in the boonies.  I was able to convince the doctors that I would follow their every direction if they would just set me free, and they did.

Home never looked so good.  I see some doctor visits in my future.  I can deal with that.

Stay safe.  Be well.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Hope it all comes out negative
Or whatever the best is.
No time of year for emergencies when the weather is so good.
Keep us informed.

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh my gosh I'm so very sorry. I'm late in looking at the blog, but ran right to it when I saw an entry on Facebook. Take care, my friend!