Friday, March 5, 2021

I Can Almost See You

There's hope on the horizon.  The glazier came yesterday to measure for windows and screens.  The good news is that probably only the picture window in the living room needs replacing, the rest are just screens (thanks to Missy and her mad-on at the inside cats).  Guess I'd better take down some of those cobwebs that are also blocking my view, but no sense washing the window, right?  When talking to one of the guys in the shop, he mentioned that it might take a while for the glass to be made.  Huh?  Somehow I just never thought of making glass...not the pretty blown glass, but just plain window glass.  Wouldn't that be something to see?

When walking the deck, Farview treated the gentleman to a sight we don't see all that often anymore.  Three big four-point bucks came out of the woods, followed by four does.  After all this time, they never fail to take my breath away.

Michael and I took advantage of a truly lovely, warm day to sit outside more than usual.  Sustained rain and cold are in the forecast and we'll get stuck inside again.  Another case of 'take what you get and be glad that you got it when it comes.'

Got another one of those fershluggen robocalls this morning in the dark at 5 a.m.!!  Sure not the way I wanted to wake up.  They hung up before I could struggle my way past the cats.  "Carol" calls frequently to warn me that the warranty on my 1998 salvaged truck is about to expire.  Gee, thanks, Carol.  I'd have never guessed.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: