Sunday, June 6, 2021

Back On Track

Yesterday went pretty darn well, I'd say.  For openers, it was a few degrees cooler.  When the nights have been in the 70s, any relief is welcome.  I'd wondered if Ralph was going to change his nighttime routine when it was too hot for even a sheet so there could be no cat cave, but I needn't have worried.  He evidently likes the routine of a bedtime cuddle as much as the cave.  There is something so comforting in the touch and feel of his soft warm body snuggled up to my side before drifting off to sleep,  I would have missed him terribly, even as I understood.

The biggie of the day was getting to Mt. Aukum.  I'd ended up calling AAA for assistance with Truck and the no-gas situation.  They came to the rescue, and the nice man put in three gallons, but I was still worried, and with good cause.  It took the better part of the day to work up my courage, but with more appointments next week I loaded up Michael and headed out.  The gas gods were on duty and we made it.  Truck has an 18-gallon tank, and he guzzled 18.3 gallons at the pump.  Man, I'd been driving on fumes!

Michael likes going to the cookie store in Mt. Aukum.  His supply of little cookies at home was low and I'd planned on buying him more.  They not only were out of the small size milk bones (I buy a 20-lb box), even their freebies were the largest.  Michael wasn't disappointed because I always carry treats in my pocket, doesn't everybody?  A lady in line must have heard my conversation, because we'd no more than gotten in the truck when she came out with a handful of the big bones that she'd broken into chunks for him.  Luckily, I hadn't started the engine, because it turned out to be a rather lengthy introduction and I'm in conservation mode.  Michael had made his usual stellar impression.  Nice lady.

It was a good day.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: