Friday, June 25, 2021

Lollapalooza

Had to get Truck to the shop early yesterday so didn't have time to shout the good news about two great days in a row, and I limit my computer time to mornings only (except on bill-pay days).

Joan was a bit later than planned on Tuesday, so when I got to town we decided to go straight to dinner.  You know how it is when you meet with someone you haven't seen for ages?  Those awkward pauses when you try to think of something to say next?  Well, there was none of that!  We talked and laughed (oh, how we laughed!) and ended up closing down the restaurant four hours later.  It was dark by the time we walked back to the hotel.  I don't drive after dark anymore, but found out Joan had planned a stay-over and had booked a double room.  Okay, discretion is the better, and safer, part of valor.  We ended up talking (and laughing) until midnight, and then woke up at five to start all over again.  Knowing it would be our last visit together made our parting bittersweet.  It was a friend and a day to treasure.

The next day I had a doctor's appointment and Michael went with.  She made arrangements to obtain a Disabled placard for Truck.  That will save a lot of steps.  As usual, whenever I have to go to town I do as much as possible in one trip, and we went to Wally World where Michael met his adoring subjects.  I didn't have a long list, but threw in some treats for both of us just because.  At the checkout stand, I started to unload my cart when the lady behind me came up and said, in the most polite way, "I'm going to pay for your groceries."  What?!  She calmly denied my protests and repeated, "I'm going to pay for your groceries."  I have heard of such things, but never expected it would happen to me.  I was literally overcome.  Another entry in the memory book.

Truck got serviced and whatever needed fixing fixed, and is running like a top.  Good old boy.

It was a lollapalooza of a week, for sure.

Stay safe.  Be well.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh this makes me SMILE!!! And yes, that placard will make things easier. I'm glad you had such a grand time.