Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Hard To Believe

Wow!  For the past few days, the temperature has dropped at least thirty degrees.  Believe me, I'm not complaining, it's just hard to believe that the puffy jacket is back on duty and Ralph is back in the cat cave.  He's sitting on my robe-covered lap right now.

It's perfect weather for today's project.  Helper Dude is coming early to mow the west field.  Even the strong winds have died down.  Nature is giving us a real break.  I've been so worried about fire danger.  Hot spots have been popping up all over the valley and I sure don't want to be the cause of disaster up here.

Yesterday was not Michael's best day.  I took him to the vet for shots and a desperately needed nail trim.  Michael has an extremely low threshold for pain.  They had to draw blood for a test, give him a shot, and clip those long nails.  I was in the waiting room and heard his screams for each event.  It's the only time he's vocal, and it breaks my heart.  As a reward (for him), we went to Walmart where he, as always, was fawned over by his many admirers, children, women, and men.  I think it took his mind off the terrible prior events.

Gotta get moving.

Stay safe.  Be well.

No comments: