Saturday, June 11, 2016

All Over

"It's all over but the shouting," as the saying goes.  I'll admit that I did "cry for happy" (1961, Glenn Ford, Donald O'Connor, Miiko Taka) when the preliminary path report on the lymph nodes came back negative.  As if I didn't have enough to thank Deb and Craig for already, their kindness yesterday was above and beyond.   I also thank everyone for the good thoughts and wishes and prayers on my behalf.  I am relieved yesterday is behind us.

Bessie Anne went to Cam's for the day, and I owe Camille a big thank-you, too.  That went well, but when she came home she let me know exactly how she felt about being abducted and held hostage and totally ignored me.  She went to Deb and Craig but snubbed me entirely.  It had been hard to walk into the house and not be greeted by my girl in the first place, and it broke my heart.  I finally did get forgiven and we are once again "besties."

Ralph, on the other hand, went completely berserk.  It's not like I haven't left for the day before, but he turned into an absolute nutter, throwing himself around like a fish out of water and tearing things up or knocking things off.  Celeste, who will not come out of her room when company is here, showed up on my lap and couldn't seem to get enough cuddling and reassurance.  How did they know?

I could tell when Deb and I went down to put the girls to bed that Beau had done a great job on his own.  I hadn't been sure I'd need a week's worth of his help, but now I'm very happy that I'll have that time off.  I've no problems taking care of the chickens, and I'd fed and watered them before our trek to the hospital yesterday.  Deb and Craig tucked them in last night.

It had been a long, long day, and the three of us just kicked back and chilled for the afternoon and went to bed early.

It was a good day, but I'm glad it's all over.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

So happy for you that the DAY has passed and you are back with the many ones that love you.
😊😀🙂🌻💐

Kathryn said...

A big sigh of relief for sure!! 😄