Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Dorothy And Me

"I'm off to see the wizard...."  I'm in my own version of The Wizard Of Oz (without the tornado), and I get to play any part I want.  Today I'm Dorothy, off to see the oncologist, The Wiz who will plot my course on this adventure.  So much has happened in the two months since the cancer was detected, it does feel like I'm caught in a whirlwind.

With temperatures soaring this week, I take the role of the Wicked Witch who, when doused with water, cried, "I'm melting!  I'm melting!"  That's me when I stop by the goat trough on my way back from the barn to sluice down with the hose or go out on the deck to stand under the mist nozzle with my little dog (Bessie, not Toto) by my side.

I've assigned the part of the flying monkeys to the blankety-blank ground squirrels, pesky little boogers.  The hens and pullets are definitely Munchkins.  Can't you hear them singing, "Follow the yellow brick road" as they cluster around?

Ralph is Scarecrow before he got a brain, dashing up and down the stairs as he does.  Celeste, hmmm.  Celeste is probably Tin Man after being given a heart.  Even in this heat, she wants to cuddle.  There are no Cowardly Lions here.

Now if I could just find my ruby-red slippers.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

If you follow the Yellow Brick Road, I know you will make it back to Kansas or at least Farview Farm.

Good luck and stay cool

Kathryn Williams said...

Well...all I can say is, your tornado is of the good kind...and it brings cold wind in the form of your truck A/C. Godspeed, Dorothy!