Sunday, June 12, 2016

Busy Bees

It was a very active hive yesterday when the worker bees took over the farm.  I sat like Lady Astor's horse while Deb and Craig whacked weeds, fixed the door on the pullets' coop, and did a myriad of other chores.  They have earned their gold stars in heaven for their good deeds and my gratitude forever.  Dave rumbled up on his bike and started right in to help, followed quickly by Clay, who also jumped into the deep end.  After a great lunch fixed by Deb, Dave had to take off and Deb, Craig, Clay and I took turns with the clippers to give Bessie Anne her summer puppy cut.  She was very patient, probably because she received constant reassurance that she looked beautiful (and got a number of special treats).  Clay stayed for dinner, again Deb's creation, and left about sundown.  Deb, Craig and I put all the kids to bed and they finally sat down for a well-earned rest.

I'm feeling very much like Queen For A Day.  Every hive needs a queen!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I can't tell you how happy I am to know that lots of "your village" has been able to show up...and that you are allowing yourself to actually be treated like the Queen for a Day that was hard earned!!