Thursday, June 16, 2016

Back On Track

For both our sakes, I'm happy Beau's illness was short-lived.  I'm more tired than I thought I would be and I was glad to hand over milking chores again yesterday.  One more day and it will be a week since surgery and I'm sure Beau will be glad to be released from duty (he'd agreed to tend the goats for a week).

Repair Guy came to pick up Fu and the rolling weed-eater in the morning.  I'd hoped to get in one more mowing session before everything is too dry and would create a fire hazard, but I guess that's not going to happen.  The star thistle in the west field is going to take over, but there's not much I can do with Fu on the fritz.

Linda came by in the afternoon bearing a bacon and mushroom quiche that we shared for early dinner.  It was delicious!  After a nice visit and she had gone, I snuck back for another slice (shhh, don't tell anybody).  Celeste seems to have turned a corner when company comes.  Ralph has always been a social animal, but Celeste stayed reclusive in the bedroom.  I think the four days of hiding out when the Wild Bunch was here did it for her.  She cautiously came out when Deb and Craig were here, and again during Linda's visit yesterday.

Crazy June weather.  One day in a tank top, the next in a flannel jacket.  It didn't even get in to the 60s yesterday, overcast and cold.  Looks like more of the same today, and next week it's predicted to be in the high 90s and low 100s.  Aaargh.  At least the blustery winds of yesterday have died down.

Hopefully my doctor won't get called away again and today we can get back on track with my appointments.  I'm anxious to hear what the ongoing plan will be.  This is uncharted territory for me and I do better with a map (and a flashlight, and snacks).

No comments: