Sunday, October 9, 2016

Tomorrow Is Here

"I'll do it tomorrow.  For sure."  My propensity for procrastination has caught up with me and it's time to pay the piper and suffer the penalties.  (How's that for alliteration?)  What with one thing and another, heat, health issues, disinterest, etc., things that needed to be done just didn't.  As Shakespeare wrote in Macbeth, "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow."  It's so easy when one gets behind to let everything slide until the tomorrows start piling up.  And then comes the day of reckoning.  Yesterday was that day for me and I got at least a start on neglected chores.  Shame mingled with satisfaction as I crossed some items off the list.  I again promised myself, as I have so many times in the past, that I would never put anything off again.  Hmmm.  We'll see.  I have to get caught up first.

After a day of plugging away, it was nice last evening to pull one of those mini-meatloaves from the freezer to put in the microwave with a potato to bake and have a no-work hot meal.  It was also nice to know that sometimes I can be proactive.  Hey, I'll take any credit I can get.

I had to laugh at Bess this morning.  My stumpy-legged little dog can't jump up on the bed by herself, so after she gives me the clue she gives a little hop to get her front feet on the mattress and I give her behind a boost.  Today she caught her nose under the overhanging comforter and it covered her face so she couldn't see the edge of the bed.  Unable to figure out what had gone wrong, she tried again and again.  With a little help from her friend who tucked the blanket out of the way, she made it to her most favorite nap site and now she's snoring behind me.  I hope I'm as successful today.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Congrats on being proactive. I think it gets harder as we get...ahem...older???? My great accomplishments for this afternoon are watering, sweeping the floor and sorting kiddie toys and stowing for tomorrow. I guess my GREATEST accomplishment this weekend was being "The Constant" Grammy and jumping in when a Constant was needed. Life takes twists and turns, but is still pretty darn good.