Saturday, October 1, 2016

Beam Me Up, Scotty

Well, that was interesting.  I'd never had a CT scan before and it was a very Star Trekky experience.  The machine was similar to but much larger than the one used for the radiation treatments with a tunnel and a table that moved in and out.  This big brother spoke.  "Breathe in and hold."  The machine whirred and lights flashed, then the table moved out.  "Breathe."  It was a very officious voice and one is inclined to automatically obey.  The procedure itself took only fifteen minutes or so, but the prep time was nearly two hours, and that was with what was termed a "quick prep."  Afterward, the tech told me to drink lots of water to flush the radioactive iodine and other stuff from my system.  I told her that I preferred my water flavored with hops.  She looked at me for a second and then said, "I'm looking forward to one of those hop waters after work, myself."  The flush must have worked, because last night I found I didn't glow in the dark as I thought I might.

Arden ran away from home in the afternoon and came to my door.  In my mind, I could hear her calling, "Sanctuary, sanctuary!" a la Quasimodo in "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame."  Things had gotten a bit chaotic at her house and we were due for a chat anyhow.  We had a nice visit and it was a good finish to my day.

Boy, coffee sure tasted good this morning.

No comments: