Saturday, December 3, 2016

And So It Begins!

My holiday season got off to a swinging start yesterday when I met my friend Mary for lunch at Poor Red's.  My daughter Deb and I worked with Mary for the same company back in the late '80s, early '90s and we've maintained contact all these years.  Mary is making the family rounds this week:  our lunch yesterday and she's meeting up with Deb today.  Honestly, we did not coordinate our holiday sweaters so it's pure coincidence that we look like a pair of smiling purple grapes.  In case there's a question, I'm having one of Red's famous Gold Cadillacs and Mary's drink of choice was a Grasshopper.  Order a blender drink at Red's and you get a champagne glass and water glass full.  You get your money's worth at Red's.

After a leisurely, very good lunch and lots of reminiscing and catching-up conversation, we headed back out into the cold.  As a punctuation point to the holiday theme, Mary gifted me with a reindeer tree ornament.  Now I'm obligated to decorate the Christmas tree this year.

Cheers!

No comments: