Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Hangin' In

As reluctant as I was to go to the barn yesterday, I was even more happy (and surprised) to find Esther on her feet.  She came out, albeit slowly, when her door was opened.  Declining breakfast, she did make her way up to the water trough with Inga.  Yes, that's ice floating in the water; I'd cracked it on the way down.  As I've said so many times before, so far, so good.  I know goats are not indestructible, but they sometimes give that impression.  At least Esther is hangin' in for now.

Milk Guy came in early afternoon and I was able to push an extra dozen eggs on him.  Later, I received a most welcome phone call from my grandson Jake, who was home on leave and able to spend the holiday with his mother's family and his dad, Pete.  Having just spent time in Washington state learning survival training, his next post will be in Oklahoma.  A southern California kid, he's dreading being stationed so far from the ocean.  I completely understand.

There were things I could have and should have been doing yesterday, but instead picked up a new book by Jeffrey Deaver, one of my favorite mystery writers.  I was introduced to Deaver by Pete some years back and I've been hooked ever since.

All things considered, especially Esther, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh I'm so glad that it turned out well for all!!!