Wednesday, December 21, 2016

It's Personal

Nature has it in for me, me and me alone.  The last few days have been glorious, blue skies and temps up in the 50s.  I've been keeping an eagle eye on the weather reports, hoping nothing would change in the next few days that would delay our Christmas again.  Why, Nature?  Why would you throw a rainstorm on Friday and dump snow on Saturday, just when my Kids are (or were) coming up?  It's hard not to take it personally, just when I've got my herd of cats finally organized and headed up the hill on an actual holiday.  Weathermen have been wrong before, and Nature is notorious for playing games with me.  I'm sure that if I call off the gathering for this weekend and postpone it until who knows when, Nature will grin an evil grin if she brings a sunny, dry day.  At the same time, I don't want the Kids driving in bad weather on our icy back roads.  Aarrgh.  White Christmas, phooey!

Being that it was lovely outside yesterday, I went out to sit on the deck with Bess Anne. before going in to pay bills (boy, was that a downer).  The forsythia had a few pitiful blossoms and they must have drawn this bumblebee, who came in for an up-close-and-personal landing on my leg.  Bee stayed for quite awhile, taking time to clean his face and check out the territory before flying off again.  It was an omen from a bee totem, asking, "Are you busy enough?"  The answer to that is, of course, no.

I guess I'll forge ahead with prep like I had good sense and hope for the best.  Maybe Nature is just playing a joke on me and will relent this weekend.  Maybe.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Fingers crossed that your plans can go on as scheduled!