Sunday, December 18, 2016

Sigh

Can't say it warmed up much yesterday, but it was sunny and bright.  Those doggone girls pulled the covering off the barn window again, so that was the first order of the day.  I'm beginning to think they do it on purpose for entertainment.  They stand in a semicircle to watch me struggle to hold the heavy board in place with one hand while hammering with the other, chewing their cud like kids eating popcorn at the circus.  I delivered a stern lecture regarding destruction of property, but they were less than impressed, turned their back and walked away.  Sigh.

If only my production matched my ambition....  I continue to go to bed with a Not-Done list longer than the To-Do list I had in the morning.  This "make haste slowly" business is getting to be a drag.  I'm my own worst enemy, and I know it.  I'm going to make a New Year's resolution to join the other side next year.  I'll do that very thing as soon as I get around to making that list.

One thing I absolutely have to do today or suffer the consequences is to bring more firewood to the porch.  Stove is doing his best, but demands a constant supply of resources.  He absolutely gobbles up wood.  Like the plant in "Little Shop Of Horrors," all day long he says, "Feed me!"

It seems no matter what I do accomplish, the list continues to grow.  I think evil fairies come in the night and forge my handwriting to add to the list.  Oh well, a thing will either get done...or it won't.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

"If only my production matched my ambition..." OMG you have been peeking in my window...as I sit here watching Hallmark Christmas movies! I wish you more luck than I am having!!!