Wednesday, December 28, 2016

As If...

As if worrying about Esther weren't enough, I now have concern about Diva.  A couple of nights ago while I was putting the girls to bed, I lifted down the grain bucket for nighty-night treats and found a couple of mice inside.  The light is pretty dim in the milking room, but I saw one mouse pop out while the other seemed slow to move.  I gave it a helping hand and put it down on the ground where it made its way to a mouse hole.  I wasn't sure, but I thought I saw Diva's buff spots.  With the girls waiting to come in, I had other things to think about. When Diva didn't come out for her milk yesterday, well....  I'm hoping she just decided to sleep in for a change.

Esther, by the way, is still a little wobbly and didn't eat breakfast, but the crisis seems to have passed.  Fingers crossed.

Truck was overdue for an oil change.  The place where I'd taken him for service for years had closed.  What to do?  There is a little shop in Mt. Aukum, but they advertise tires primarily.  On an off chance, I stopped in last week to ask if they also serviced vehicles.  Ta da!  Another chore scratched off the list yesterday.

That was probably the only thing accomplished as I again picked up the Deaver book and that was that until it was finished.  His plots have more twists and turns than a corkscrew.   One thing I really like about his stories is that he often involves modern technology as a weapon...really makes one think.

For the first time in a week, it's above freezing this morning.  I have a little space heater back here in the bedroom, but what they don't say is how much space it will heat.  In this case, it's about twelve inches.  By the time I'm finished with the computer, my fingers are numb and I make some pretty interesting typos.  It's a good thing I proofread before hitting save.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Glad you found another place for truck servicing...glad for Esther...perhaps sad for Diva...and brrrrrrr....I'd probably be tempted to just stay in the cozy bed! Have a good one!