Sunday, December 4, 2016

It's On The Line

Having tall sons is a blessing for me.  (Not necessarily when I'm fussing and they pat me on the head and say, "There, there.  Nice mommy.")  When my clotheslines broke a couple of months ago, I was devastated.  Hanging laundry is one of my great pleasures.  Definitely grateful for a dryer, but it just isn't the same.  Without benefit of ladder, my boys restrung the lines on Thanksgiving and Deb painstakingly transferred all the clothespins.  Yesterday I washed all the holiday table linens and hung them outside.  Just seeing the napkins fluttering in the breeze made me happy.  The best part of line drying is taking items down to fold and put in the basket.  In the dryer, everything would have had to be ironed (aarrgh!).  Coming off the line, there wasn't a wrinkle to be seen, tablecloths flat and smooth and ready to be put away.

Thanks, Kids, from a grateful mom.

No comments: