Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Win One For The Gipper

("Knute Rockne, All American," Pat O'Brien, Ronald Reagan, 1940)

Percy is in an early morning huddle with the rest of the barn squirrels.  They've got a playbook and plan a game strategy for the day.  "You go left, I'll go right, and you over there make a feint from the front."  They decide on blitzes, short runs, and when all else fails, somebody will have to stand their line and, "Win one for the Gipper," whether it means getting hit in the eye with a stream of sticky milk or getting a poke in the ribs.  Right now the score is Squirrels: 52, Me: 7.  (I know...I've got too much time on my hands.)

Obviously, I didn't get all the birdseed out of the truck bed.  This fellow was self-assigned to the cleanup committee and was busily getting into every nook and cranny.  I wonder if he also dusts (with a feather duster, no doubt).

There was enough of a breeze yesterday to make the heat almost bearable.  Oh goody.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Funny picture. Bet you have hauled a few turkeys in that truck, but I would guess that they haven't had feathers! Glad you had a breeze. We are hotter and more humid than normal, and yet our June was much more gloomy than normal. Weather...whatcha gonna do?