Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Change Of Plan

Normally, my morning routine is:  make coffee, bring a cup back to the computer, check the blog (love to see comments), write the blog, and then spend time on FB.  Today there was a change of plan.  With cousins suffering loss from the devastation from the Tubbs fire, it was more important to check FB first this morning to see how family is faring.  So far, the news is relatively good.  One home completely burned to the ground, and several groups are still evacuated and their home situations yet unknown, but thankfully all are safe.  It is a truly terrible situation.

There was also a change of plan yesterday.  While taking an after-barn break, I received a call from the propane company saying that they'd planned a delivery, but the newly hired driver found he couldn't get here because of the road.  "What road?," thinking that Bucks Bar had collapsed again.  "Gray Rock."  "Oh good grief."  He had started at the wrong end of Gray Rock, which makes a loop ending on two different streets, and he was right, there is a portion of the road that is impassable.  Unfortunately, GPS insists on sending the people to the wrong end.  "Honey, I am just two driveways up at this end," and I gave her explicit directions to pass on to the unfortunate driver.  And I waited.  Um hmmm.  After an hour, I called the office.  Was the poor guy still lost in the hills, decide to take a lunch break, or just give up and go home?  She said, "I'll try to contact him again and get back to you." Turns out he had called it quits.  My delivery has been rescheduled for next week.

Oh well.  As they say, the best laid plans....

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Oh Sheesh! I just Google-Mapped it on the computer and I see the mistake he made. And I'm sure you always give the correct directions - the PC end and not the SG end. There are so many wonky roads in that rural part of the state, that I would have thought that drivers would have to be extra vigilant.

So sorry about your family's loss of property, but glad that all bodies are well and accounted for.