Thursday, October 19, 2017

On A Roll

Where did that come from?  Maybe it was a change in the atmosphere, but I was hit with one of those rare bursts of ambition yesterday.  Trust me, they are few and far between, and it's imperative that I take advantage when they do come.  I was on a roll and about the only thing I didn't do was dust (I have my limits), even though there's a fine layer over that nicely polished furniture yet again.  I swear there's a dust fairy who comes in the night like Tinker Bell to sprinkle my house with her darned stuff.  What did I ever do to her?  Anyhow, I did get a lot done.

I've got agrodolce on the brain.  There's a cauliflower in the fridge that I think would be grand if steamed and then drizzled with that tart-sweet sauce.  I think it would be good hot or cold.  If I had Brussels sprouts, I'd add them to the mix.  I'm sure this kick will run its course soon.

I am calendar challenged.  I carefully transfer important dates from one year's calendar to the next, and then forget to look at the calendar.  I am forever missing birthdays and anniversaries.  I should invest in "belated" cards.  And there's the reverse.  I was gearing up to go to the Senior Center for lunch tomorrow, and then realized they won't be serving crab cakes until next week.  (They send home a calendar with planned menus every month.)  I can't win.

Who knew that turkeys and squirrels would develop a taste for banana peels?  Since Pete's contribution, I've been buying bananas.  I carefully pull the peels into manageable strips for the critters (yes, I spoil them) before throwing the peels down with the bird seed.  You'd think I'd put down cinnamon buns for breakfast.

I wish there was a pause button on the weather.  Fall isn't as pretty as spring, but we're having perfect days right now, weatherwise.  Not too hot nor cold, not too windy, and the rain hasn't come yet.  Ah, well, were it not for bad weather, we might not appreciate the good when it's here.

It was a good day.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

I do appreciate these sunny days ...and friends, and family, and enough of things I need.
Wish the whole world were like this, instead of the torture and deprivations we hear every day.
.love reading your posts and thinking of you and your homestead.

Kathryn Williams said...

Nice, Emmy!! And I'm old enough now that I appreciate the nice weather EVERY day. Can remember the weather I don't like, so nope, I don't need the bad to cherish the good...just sayin'