Monday, October 9, 2017

Visiting Central

It's pretty great when it's not even Halloween and the treats come to you, no trick attached.  Yesterday was a NASCAR day and I was happy to take the day off, so it was a nice surprise to get a call in late afternoon from Pete who said he might come up for an hour or two.  He asked if I needed anything and I said no, thanks.  It seems he can't take no for an answer.  He got out of his car with a grocery bag and a treasure trove of fresh produce which he knows is in short supply in my house.  Ohmigosh, I haven't had an artichoke in years!

We were just sitting down to chat when Beau tootled up on his quad and came in to visit.  I was happy to introduce the guys, as each had heard of the other but had not met.  They were getting acquainted when Pete's phone rang.  It was the far-away brother, Larry, calling from Hawaii.  That was an opportunity not to be missed, so Pete went outside to talk and Beau and I chatted for the better part of an hour until he had.to get home.  It's best to get out of the hills before sundown (deer, etc.) so Pete wasn't going to stick around long.  Before he left, Camille drove up.  If I'd known it was visiting day, I might have dusted, but the shock might have been too much for my guests.

I had a banana for dinner.  It was a good day.

1 comment: