Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Ralph, The Sequel

Update:  Ralph is doing his utmost to strip the guest bed, and he's making progress.  Now it's the blanket, and I don't understand that.  It's a soft velour that I know he likes to knead, but maybe he's tired of the color.  Who knows?

A trip to town took a chunk out of the afternoon.  Oh well.  It's a good thing I keep an eye out for wildlife, as I came around a curve and a doe (another one) and her twins were crossing the road.  As I've told the Kids, if you see one deer, you can count on more to follow.  Like goats, deer are herd animals.  Besides, the bucks are going into rut and traffic is the last thing on their mind.

Wally World is again in the process of changing shelves and relocating departments.  I know it's a marketing ploy, but for someone like me who prefers to spend as little time as possible shopping, it's maddening.  I needed to buy yet another pair of shoes as the old ones bit the dust.  The department was in the same corner, but they'd completely reversed the sections.  I had no interest in cruising up and down aisles past high heels (they don't go well with bibbies and squirrel holes) and baby slippers (long past the need for those!).  It pays to keep a pair ahead so I've got clean go-to-town shoes when the barn shoes give out.  I'd also like to have words with the store buyer.  Why would they have baking soda in the baking department and not stock baking powder?  Hmmm.

I decided when I started writing about the farm and country living to keep that the focus of the blog.  I am well aware of what is happening out in the "real" world, and have strong, passionate opinions.  Reported news can make me furious or bring me to tears (like yesterday), and sometimes make me laugh, but this is not the venue for my reactions.  I don't twit or tweet, whatever.  There's always FB if I need to rant.  I prefer to put my energies where I can hopefully affect a change, unless it's the ground squirrels and I can't do much about them.  I have all the day-to-day drama I can deal with right here.

I'm having a difficult time typing right now as Ralph is on my lap and I have to reach around him.  Oh, that Ralph!

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Silly, Silly, Entertaining Ralph!!!