Friday, October 27, 2017

Social Butterfly

A social butterfly, that would be me of late.  I've been going to the Senior Center for lunch once a month or so, and yesterday I couldn't resist the crab cakes that were on the menu.  Since I usually sit like Muhammad and wait for the mountain to come to me, I will admit it is nice once in awhile to get out and see new faces.  A completely balanced meal is served five days a week and the price is so reasonable ($3) that there are many, especially the gentlemen, who are regulars who come every day.  It is a great service to the community.

Note:  Blogspot is having difficulty with its web page and lately it comes and goes in fits and starts while I'm writing an entry.  Fixing the problem is way above my pay grade, but they're working on it.

In the afternoon, I was on Ladder 911 duty while Camille was painting, and decided to watch a movie I hadn't seen in quite awhile.  "Mrs. Henderson Presents" (2005, Judi Dench, Bob Hoskins) is a biographical film about Laura Henderson and the Windmill Theater in London during WWII featuring nudity on stage for the first time in England.  It is a witty, wistful, tasteful movie with wonderful characters, and a most pleasant way to avoid doing housework.

The Center will pack a meal to go, and Camille had asked me to pick one up for her so she wouldn't have to cook after a long, tiring day of going up and down the ladder.  She and Honey stopped by and we had a good visit before it was time to put the kids to bed.

It was a good day, and time for this butterfly to fold her wings for the night.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

Sounds like the right amount of "socializing" for a mountain! And such fun that you have a neighbor with whom to share big and little things.