Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Boo!

Happy Halloween!

A friend, Kathy V., issued a challenge on FB for friends to post seven days of black-and-white photos of everyday life.  The real challenge was to figure out how to get my camera/phone to do that.  And more, how to get it back to "normal."  As I told Kathy V., back in the day when I was a kid, all there was then was black-and-white film, so this really takes me down memory lane.  I've always taken tons of photographs, starting out with a Kodak Brownie box camera.  Boy, am I enjoying digital!  A sister-in-law and I traveled through Europe in 1985 and when we got back, it cost a fortune to get 24 rolls of film developed.

This is my watch dog watching me.  They say that after a time people start to look like their dogs (or vice versa), and when I look at Bessie Anne, I see that it's true.  Our hair style is much the same, but I don't wear bangs.

I was on Ladder 911 duty yesterday as Camille is still whirling like a dervish trying to finish painting her house.  We figure there are only a couple more days before the rain comes, and a 30-degree drop in temperature.  The dew last night was heavy enough to wet the deck.  I hung around the house waiting for my milk customer, and then, having made sure Cam was safe on the ground, made a quick run to the grocery store.  I had a hankering for crock pot short ribs and a pot roast.  I've eaten so much chicken lately that I'm checking for feathers to sprout.  Milk Guy drove up as I was unloading the groceries from the truck.

I'd had a half-formed plan to bake cookies to replace the Halloween candy I'd eaten, just in case a kid or two showed up to trick or treat.  Since that plan came to naught, I just won't turn on the porch light and hope none show up (they never have).

Camille got a lot more done than I did, for sure.

1 comment:

Kathryn Williams said...

I see that you found the trick to make black and white. I remember when a techie friend of my hubby first talked about digital photography. It sounded SO foreign then, and I remember wanting to wait until the technology had been perfected before we jumped in. My dad, who was also a techie of sorts, bought one of the first digital cameras, but it was about as big as if you had squished your Brownie Box Camera and made it rectangular. He wore it around his neck for special occasions, but it was fun to have that technology. Now, what would I do without my iPhone? I do not even have a camera other than that, and there are wonderful "lessons" that a young man teaches on FB about how to do really fun things with the phone camera. Cheers for technology.