Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Kitten On The Keys

("Kitten On The Keys," music for piano, Zez Confrey, 1921.)

This B/W photo is of Celeste, but Ralph is the rascal of the day.  After a frustrating week of having the blog disappear midstream and an error message where the followers should have been, I was so happy when Blogspot worked out the kinks and got everything back to normal.  And then....  (Why is it that life always includes an "and then" in the mix?)  I may have mentioned that Ralph will periodically very politely ask to sit on my lap as I type.  I'm always happy to oblige, even though he makes things difficult and I have to reach around his furry self or deal with a tail in my face.  Being Ralph, he doesn't stay anywhere long.  The other day he was on my lap and then walked across the keyboard.  When I suggested he move on, he just looked at me.  When he left to go torment Celeste, I discovered that I could type, but nothing showed on the screen.  The keyboard made a tsk-tsk clicking sound like a disappointed grandmother, but would not give me words.  Drat!  I'm pretty proud of me; not only did I figure out how to make B/W photos, I found out that Ralph had turned on "filter keys" (I didn't know there were such things) and how to rectify that problem all by myself.  Evidently old dogs can learn new tricks.

A good portion of yesterday was spent at a follow-up appointment with the radiologist where I'd had the radiation treatments.  Fifteen months out from radiation, she gave me a clean bill of health with no sign of recurrence of cancer, and released me from her care.  She advised yearly mammograms and six-month exams; piece of cake.  I drove home with a light heart.

Knowing how hard Camille has been working (I'd been on 911 duty in the morning), I'd invited her to dinner last night.  Short ribs had been simmering in the crock pot all day and I fixed  buttered noodles and Brussels sprouts with bacon when I got home.  During the summer, we'd had dinner about 5 so as to have time to put our critters to bed before dark.  Since night falls even before 6 now, we tended to our chores before eating.  It might have been because we were both ravenous, but dinner was super good.

It was a good day.

No comments: